Key Points to Consider
While the appeal of equity release
is clear, there are some important considerations that must be factored in. Before going ahead, it’s useful to use an online equity release calculator
to find out exactly how much of your home’s value you could release. In addition, seeking independent advice
from a reputable consultant
If you choose to go ahead, you’ll need to bear the following key points in mind:
- The Buy to Let sector is full of tempting investment opportunities that promise excellent returns over an extended period.
- Also referred to as an investment mortgage, a Buy to Let Mortgage is a specialist type of secured borrowing product that is aimed specifically at property investors who are looking to purchase a residential building with the intention of renting it out to a third party, such as a social tenant or a group of students.
- Whether you are just starting out as a landlord, perhaps with just a single property, or you are a successful property investor looking to expand your existing portfolio, a competitively sourced Buy to Let mortgage can help to significantly increase your profit in both the short and long term.
- Unlike traditional mortgages, Buy to Let products are quite different in nature, particularly with respect to the lending criteria.
- Here is a brief list of things to look out for and be aware of when applying for one of the many different types of Buy to Let mortgage currently available.